- If you brought in strawberry laces you were the most popular kid in school (for one day)
- Going on a school trip and bringing back the most pointless presents for your parents. A wildlife pencil (or a pen if they’re lucky), a branded rubber with an otter(or some other random mammal) on it, or a pink rock, which you’d insist would make a really nice ornament.
- Having a blunt pen and feeling like your handwriting looks so year 2 right now.
- Smothering PVA glue all over your hands, waiting for it to dry and then telling your mate next to you that your skins falling off – and subsequently then getting shouted at by the teacher.
- Getting to write on the whiteboard was just a DREAM. Sorry to all you that experienced the bane of the ‘interactive whiteboard’, who’s laughing now?
- Collecting blue tack and making a small army in people out of them.
- Stickers, why did we love stickers so much? It’s probably worth remembering this love when we get stressed that they’re stuck to the bottom of our new shoes.
- Showing off that you know all the words to the Arthur theme tune and when your friends came round.
- Oh and on that note…being REALLY annoyed with your parents when they said ‘Stop showing off’, when you’ve got your mates round. Worst. Thing. Ever.
- Always wishing your school would go on 50/50.
- Also always wishing your most hated teacher would let you ‘Get your own back’ on them. AKA cover them in gunge on national television.
- And of course, coming back from holiday with a braid in your hair and feeling like you belong in Sugababes.
Friday, 13 March 2015
12 things: Primary school as a 90's kid.
© Oh So August | All rights reserved.